Hours: Flexible! Potentially an independent study project or internship,. You may tailor this to meet your needs and the requirements of your program.
Start Date: ASAP ( partial or full reimbursement for transportation)
Responsibilities may include all or some of the following:
- Projects a positive and pleasant attitude
- Shelves library materials.
- Locates requested items.
- Puts books in order on shelves
- Assists staff with checking materials for damage and removing them from the shelves.
- Catalogues new materials for circulation using Destiny follet (places barcode in book, stamps book, and adheres spine label)
- Check in/out books
- Adheres to library policies and procedures.
- Performs any other tasks as requested including dusting the shelves and books
- Prepares a library policies and procedures manual for faculty and Grades 3 – 5
- Develops programs to educate students about the library and the wonderful things that happen here!
Lisa Ruth, Associate Head for Recruiting and Visitor Relations, will be meeting with students on December 1
Job Posting: NCSU Libraries Fellows, 2017-2019
NCSU Libraries, Raleigh, NC USA
Updated: 7 November 2016
The NCSU Libraries is proud to offer a diverse pool of applicants with ALA-accredited M.L.S. or M.I.S. degrees awarded up to 12 months before appointment (e.g., for July 1, 2017 start date, degree should be awarded between July 2016 – June 2017). The NCSU Libraries Fellows Program provides the launching pad for your career in a leading research library. As a Fellow you will experience the rewards of working with a diverse clientele, including outstanding faculty and students in nationally ranked academic programs. You will gain experience in a highly collaborative work environment with access to key decision makers throughout the organization. You will also develop expertise in a functional area of academic librarianship while contributing meaningfully to innovative initiatives of strategic importance. In addition to a competitive salary, you will be provided with a generous professional development stipend.
Review of applications is underway; position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. See vacancy announcement with application instructions at https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/jobs/epa/fellows17-19. AA/OEO. NC State welcomes all persons without regard to sexual orientation or genetic information. For ADA accommodations, please call (919) 515-3148.
A science background is not required for this internship. Interns rotate through different areas of the library and gain valuable professional experience. The EPA Library internship is excellent preparation for many types of library and information jobs and our former interns work in all kinds of libraries.
The application deadline is Friday, November 11th.
Please see the attachment for more details: library-internship-at-epa-nccu-spring2017