The University of Pittsburgh Health Sciences Library System (HSLS) invites applications for the newly created position of All of Us Community Engagement Coordinator for the Middle Atlantic Region of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM MAR).
The National Library of Medicine has initiated a new program with the National Institutes of Health All of Us Research Program to stimulate and facilitate community engagement and participant support through the National Network of Libraries of Medicine (NNLM). The All of Us Community Engagement Coordinator will work within NY, NJ, PA and DE and in collaboration with All of Us program partners, the National Network of Libraries of Medicine and regional partners to develop, pilot, model and evaluate All of Us community engagement activities. The Coordinator will work with regional public libraries, community-based organizations and others to develop activities based on community health needs. Target areas will be chosen to reach underrepresented populations typically not included in research.
View the full job posting for extended description and qualifications.
Title: Instructional Design Librarian
Location: University of Washington Tacoma
Title: First Year Experience Librarian
Location: University of Washington Tacoma
To ensure consideration, applications should be received no later than 5:00 pm, Friday, November 3, 2017.
University of Washington Libraries Home Page is http://www.lib.washington.edu.
The Department of Library and Information Studies (http://lis.uncg.edu) invites applications and nominations for an Assistant Professor position with expertise in school libraries and in a secondary related area, including instructional technology, public library youth services, youth literature, reading, information literacy of youth, or information needs and use of youth. This nine-month, tenure track position becomes effective August 1, 2018.
Review of applications will begin on October 27, 2017 and will continue until the position is successfully filled.
Please visit https://jobsearch.uncg.edu/postings/9062 for more information about the position and application instructions.
Apologies for the cross-posting…
LibSource, an LAC Group company, seeks a Senior Legal Researcher for a major law firm client in Manhattan, New York. The Senior Legal Researcher will be required to manage and coordinate research services and support.
* Provide leadership and guidance to the other library staff in relation to research support; efficiency in search strategies, knowledge of resources, accuracy of search results, and quality control overall for all requests fulfillment of legal and business research, hard copy and digital requests for materials and documents, current awareness and training users.
* Answers a range of legal and business research requests, from quick requests for cases, legislation and basic company information to more in depth analysis of legal developments or sector analysis to support pitch documents or other marketing activities.
* Leads and contributes to the efficient and effective workflow management of research request fulfillment, assigns and monitors reference “desk” activities and coverage. Coordinates research and reference coverage with other firm offices and library staff.
* Provides advice on self-service solutions using electronic resources via the library’s portal site for straight-forward requests for documents, cases and articles.
* Captures knowledge from requests for future use.
* Ensures that complex or strategic research is accurately and comprehensively presented in a professional and timely manner, and provides appropriate follow-up measures.
* Standardize output and insert a layer of Quality Control.
* Tracks, collates and archives key metrics and provides necessary reports in accordance with SLAs
* 4-5 years experience in Information/Library Services preferably in a legal environment.
* A degree or post-graduate qualification in Information and Library Management, Information Science.
* Previous experience in the areas of legal, competitive and business intelligence.
* Extensive knowledge of key legal and business research databases and an excellent ability to search across publicly available sources.
To apply, please visit: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2F7hxGuB&data=02%7C01%7Cgpeterson%40nccu.edu%7C91c8307fe64647e50daa08d4ff93bde3%7Ce86ab7691eab4e00b79e28ba7a8dbdf6%7C0%7C0%7C636414457402671788&sdata=3XsVD6vAqrEVoHSq0r%2BDqmmsUQOKzulqhcvF1cnwMj0%3D&reserved=0
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro Libraries invites applications for the position of First-Year Instruction Librarian. We are seeking an energetic, innovative, flexible, and service-oriented individual to join the Research, Outreach and Instruction Department. This librarian will be an active member of the Instruction Team, with a strong emphasis on teaching and designing curriculum for our First-Year Instruction program. This individual will provide general reference service and will also have liaison responsibilities in several social science disciplines. This is a twelve-month tenure-track faculty position. Demonstrated professional achievement including scholarly/creative activity are required for reappointment and tenure.
For details and information on applying please go to this link: https://jobsearch.uncg.edu/postings/8886
The Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Memorial Library at the University of Scranton invites applications for a full-time, Associate Dean commencing January 2018. The Weinberg Memorial Library provides superior resources, services and programs in support of the dynamic scholarly, cultural and social endeavors of the University and the community at large. The Library plays an integral role in teaching, learning, and research on campus, fostering a culture of collaboration, interdisciplinarity, innovation, creativity, and sustainability. Our work environment is forward-looking and participatory, with an emphasis on transparency and faculty/staff development.
The successful candidate will bring strong communicative and interpersonal abilities in order to provide strategic/operational leadership for the Library; supervise the day-to-day management of the Library facilities, collections, and staff; collaborate with University faculty, administration, and staff; cultivate student learning and formation; work with academic departments to achieve and maintain accreditation; assess library services, programs, and evolving user needs; encourage integration of technology into the delivery of library services; and advocate in support of library services and programs that promote transformational education that is engaged, integrated, and global.
Qualified applicants should have an American Library Association-accredited Master’s Degree and six years of library/archives experience at a managerial or administrative level, including at least four years in an academic library.
Dr. Brian P. Conniff, Academic Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences of The University of Scranton, serves as the Search Committee Chair. Applicants must apply online at https://universityofscrantonjobs.com and include a letter of application summarizing qualifications, curriculum vitae and contact information for three references. Position is open until filled but applications received by October 16, 2017 will be given full consideration.
The University of Scranton is a regional institution of more than 6,000 undergraduate and graduate students located in northeast Pennsylvania near the Pocono Mountains. Recognized nationally for the quality of its education, Scranton is one of the 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States. It is committed to providing liberal arts education and strong professional and pre-professional programs in the context of Ignatian educational principles, especially the care and development of the whole person. Drawing on the strengths that have made it a recognized leader in the Northeast (ranked 8th among the master’s level universities in the North by U.S. News and World Report), Scranton is committed to a culture of scholarship and excellence in teaching and is moving into the front ranks of American’s comprehensive universities.