Soar to the top! Join the Masters program students in information science and library science for an MIS or MLS degree. We offer several concentrations as well as dual degree in MBA/MIS and JD/MLS with the NCCU Schools of Business and Law.
See our Admissions page for details on application. The online ApplyYourself form is located at: http://www.nccu.edu/futurestudents/applynow.cfm. You can start your application process now.
The deadline for admissions in the Spring 2017 semester is December 1. See contacts below.
If you have any questions about applying, please contact: Ms. Sabrina Butler, Director of Graduate Recruitment, 919-530-7388, email@example.com.
Degree question contacts:
MIS – Dr. Deborah Swain, 919-530-7502, firstname.lastname@example.org
MLS – Dr. Chad Morgan, email@example.com
Invitation: Bowling For Book Lovers
Join us for an end of the semester celebration for all the hard work we’ve put into the MLS program at North Carolina Central University. This event is being hosted by the student chapters for the American Library Association and the Special Library Association. We are meeting at Kings North Hills Bowling at Kings
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
6:30 PM-9:30 PM
Kings North Hill Bowling
141 Park at North Hills St., Suite 120
Raleigh, North Carolina 27609 Get directions
Please RSVP to Jaccqueline Guilford: firstname.lastname@example.org
From Dean Gant:
Please see the link the Generation Google Scholarship. The opportunity is targeted to students in computer science or related fields. Information Science is a related field. I am happy to advise anyone who applies on how to best to market your MIS or technically oriented LIS program for this opportunity.
A second opportunity available is the Women Techmakers Scholars Program https://www.womentechmakers.com/scholars . this program fits well for both LIS and MIS women students. “A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background and demonstrated leadership and impact on community.”
Again for these or any opportunity that you find, I am happy to talk with you further to advise you on how to best communicate about your program and its fit.
- Bibliographic Services Division, Library Operations
- Terminology Product Specialist, MEDLARS Management Section
- Clinical Terminology Liaison, MEDLARS Management Section
- Gene Indexing and MeSH Specialist, Index Section
- History of Medicine Division, Library Operations
- Archival Collection Manager
- Senior Rare Book Conservator
- Senior Rare Book Cataloger
- National Information Center on Health Services Research & Health Care Technology
- Interoperability and Data Policy Specialist
- National Network Coordinating Office, Library Operations
- Project Scientist, coordinate work of RMLs and National Offices
- Technical Services Division, Library Operations
- Senior Technical Information Specialist, Library Technology Services Section
- Senior Metadata Specialist, Cataloging and Metadata Management Section
- Division of Specialized Information Services
- Senior Technical Information Specialist, Disaster Information Management Research Center (two positions)
- Senior Technical Information Specialist, Outreach and Special Populations Branch
Employment Opportunity – Research and Instruction Librarian, University of Washington Bothell/Cascadia College Campus Library
Lisa Ruth, Associate Head for Recruiting and Visitor Relations, will be meeting with students on December 1