Apologies for the cross-posting…
LibSource, an LAC Group company, seeks a Senior Legal Researcher for a major law firm client in Manhattan, New York. The Senior Legal Researcher will be required to manage and coordinate research services and support.
* Provide leadership and guidance to the other library staff in relation to research support; efficiency in search strategies, knowledge of resources, accuracy of search results, and quality control overall for all requests fulfillment of legal and business research, hard copy and digital requests for materials and documents, current awareness and training users.
* Answers a range of legal and business research requests, from quick requests for cases, legislation and basic company information to more in depth analysis of legal developments or sector analysis to support pitch documents or other marketing activities.
* Leads and contributes to the efficient and effective workflow management of research request fulfillment, assigns and monitors reference “desk” activities and coverage. Coordinates research and reference coverage with other firm offices and library staff.
* Provides advice on self-service solutions using electronic resources via the library’s portal site for straight-forward requests for documents, cases and articles.
* Captures knowledge from requests for future use.
* Ensures that complex or strategic research is accurately and comprehensively presented in a professional and timely manner, and provides appropriate follow-up measures.
* Standardize output and insert a layer of Quality Control.
* Tracks, collates and archives key metrics and provides necessary reports in accordance with SLAs
* 4-5 years experience in Information/Library Services preferably in a legal environment.
* A degree or post-graduate qualification in Information and Library Management, Information Science.
* Previous experience in the areas of legal, competitive and business intelligence.
* Extensive knowledge of key legal and business research databases and an excellent ability to search across publicly available sources.
To apply, please visit: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2F7hxGuB&data=02%7C01%7Cgpeterson%40nccu.edu%7C91c8307fe64647e50daa08d4ff93bde3%7Ce86ab7691eab4e00b79e28ba7a8dbdf6%7C0%7C0%7C636414457402671788&sdata=3XsVD6vAqrEVoHSq0r%2BDqmmsUQOKzulqhcvF1cnwMj0%3D&reserved=0