The University of Mary Washington invites applications for the position of Systems Librarian. The librarian in this position will work closely with the Web Services Librarian and with campus IT to support library enterprise systems, including Alma, Primo, ILLiad, and EZproxy. The incumbent will provide systems administration support for both locally hosted virtual servers and external cloud environments. As a member of the UMW Libraries team of collaborative, forward-looking staff, the Systems Librarian will explore new technologies and identify opportunities for their effective application, including the potential integration with other university and library systems.
LAC Federal is seeking a qualified Data Scientist to work for a major Federal Agency in Beltsville, MD. The Data Scientist will assist the agency by developing and implementing functionality tests for multiple research databases including usability tests and will work with Agency staff to develop and implement ontologies and data dictionaries. Background in working with scientific datasets, particularly in the agricultural and ecological sciences is a plus. This is a 1 year full time contract (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday) benefited position. Remote work is possible but not guaranteed.
* Develop and implement functionality tests for multiple research databases including usability tests
* Work with agency staff to develop and implement ontologies and data dictionaries.
* Review and assess new technologies for automating indexing of datasets
* Create non-bibliographic metadata according to recognized international standards.
* Bachelors Degree in a relevant field (Information, Computer Science, Biology)
* 5-6 Years experience with database development and testing
* Experience in the development and/or implementation of ontologies and data dictionaries
* Detailed knowledge of XML
* Experience with digital repositories, metadata standards including ISO 19115, Ecological Metadata Language, Darwin Core, and Datacite; experience with SensorML is a plus
* Background or experience with environmental, ecological, and agricultural sciences a plus including the use of databases such as AGRICOLA.
To apply, please visit: https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2FeKxKJP&data=02%7C01%7Cgpeterson%40nccu.edu%7C75b323d9a0d149d699ea08d5075b0653%7Ce86ab7691eab4e00b79e28ba7a8dbdf6%7C0%7C0%7C636423009893767475&sdata=XhQ4bGnOd4RCeSExakMYZZfdzteJqkKeYfNxuJXfHUQ%3D&reserved=0
Job Opportunity, Stony Brook University Libraries: Head of Serials and Electronic Resources Management
Harvard Library is currently seeking candidates for the position of Metadata Creation Manager.
Under the supervision of the Head of Metadata Creation (MC) and as a member of the MC managers team, the incumbent facilitates timely access to Harvard Library collections by ensuring the creation and maintenance of discovery metadata for library content in multiple languages and formats.
Please find the complete position description attached.
To learn more or apply for this role, please visit:
After selecting Administrative/Staff Jobs (either internal or external), click ‘search openings’ and then enter either ‘43781BR’ (Metadata Creation Manager) in the Auto Req ID Field.