- Consult with faculty to offer support for crafting multimedia assignments and their associated grading rubrics, to introduce relevant tools and resources the Center provides, and to teach hands-on sessions to students on video and audio equipment, recording, editing, issues of copyright and fair use, and manage faculty hands-on instruction room requests.
- Participate in library-wide initiatives related to faculty engagement such as digital pedagogy efforts and information literacy activities, using the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy as a guide.
- Produce video tutorials and handouts as needed for use in the multimedia literacy program and in staff/student assistant training, and maintain the multimedia literacy research guide, which takes students and instructors step-by-step through the multimedia design process, including pre-production, production, and post-production.
- Teach multimedia-related workshops for the University of Delaware community; seek out and provide outreach to engage our community in activities that further the value of the Library and the multimedia literacy program.
- Collaborate with staff of the Multimedia Writing Center and other programs to foster further collaboration related to multimedia literacy.
- Provide direct assistance to library users at the busy service desk of the Student Multimedia Design Center with a variety of questions that may include computer hardware, software applications, and multimedia equipment, and participate in supervision of student assistants while at the service desk.
- Keep up to date with emerging trends and technologies in digital literacy/information literacy and media production through research, practice and other professional development activities.
- Assist in departmental and library initiatives and other duties as assigned.
Appointment: Appointment expected at pay grade 29E (less than 3 years professional experience), or pay grade 30E (3-8 years professional experience). Recent graduates from Master’s programs are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Include cover letter and resume, along with the names and contact information of three employment references, in a single document, following University of Delaware application instructions at http://www.udel.edu/udjobs/. (Search #104869)
Ford Library at the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University has a job opening for a Resource Analytics Librarian.
The Resource Analytics Librarian gathers and synthesizes information to inform decision-making related to library resources, programs and projects. The Resource Analytics Librarian also communicates with, and collects information from database vendors, library users and staff to guide purchases and subscription renewals at terms favorable to the library.
The Resource Analytics Librarian also provides budgetary management for the Ford Library. This position also works as a member of a team that provides reference services to faculty members, staff members and students at the reference desk for a portion of each day. The Resource Analytics Librarian reports to the Associate Dean for Library Services.
For more information on the specific responsibilities of the position, and instructions on how to apply, please visit our web site at:
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
** Applicants should not reply directly to this posting. Contact information and application instructions are at the web page linked above. **
Your due date for submitting your Application for Graduation if planning to graduate in December is September 6 (Wednesday). Send the Application for Graduation form below to your advisor. Please complete and sign the form and send it to your advisor.
Note that your advisor must submit form and verification to Dean’s office by September 8 (Friday) . So don’t delay and give your advisor time to review.
Reminder: Deadline for 2017 MAC/MLA Annual Meeting Scholarship Applications Approaching (August 26). Re: Apply for ANCHASL scholarship for MAC/MLA 2017 Annual Meeting
Scholarship application forms are available on the ANCHASL Scholarship Committee Web site.
Don’t miss out–apply soon!
Youth Services position
Starting salary range: $51,552.80 – $60,885.50 Annually
To apply please see our ad online: https://alexlibraryva.org/client/en_US/home/?rm=EMPLOYMENT+OPP0%7C%7C%7C1%7C%7C%7C0%7C%7C%7Ctrue&dt=list
Youth Services Manager (Librarian II)
Full Time – 40 Hours/Week – Burke Branch Library
The Youth Services Manager is responsible for operations of the Burke Branch Library Youth Services Team and reports to the Branch Manager.
Supervises one part-time Library Assistant and one part-time Library Page.
Plans and implements educational programs and literacy initiatives including summer reading programs for children ages 0-12.
Collaborates with the Teen Services Coordinator to plan and implement programs and initiatives for young adults.
Coordinates collection development and maintenance of children’s materials
Assists children, caregivers, parents, teachers, etc. with requests for information and library materials.
Coordinates outreach activities with Alexandria City Public Schools, the Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities, and related organizations providing Youth Services in the community.
Stays aware of professional trends and continually works to improve youth services.
Functions as building officer in the Branch Manager’s absence.
Weeds and updates the collection and evaluates print and digital resources.
Participates on system Youth Services Committee and other committees.
Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
Comprehensive knowledge of children’s and young adult literature, programming and services
Management and supervisory skills, including team building, time management, and planning
Excellent communication and customer service skills
Knowledge of integrated library systems and technology
Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing library environment
Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Prior supervisory experience is preferred
Master’s Degree in Library & Information Science from an ALA-accredited school; at least five years of experience in professional library work, including three or more years of experience in a supervisory capacity at the level of Librarian I; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Applicant must possess or obtain, within 3 months
of hire, a license to practice as a registered professional librarian issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Foreign languages skills preferred.
Salary: $51,552.80 – $60,885.50 Annually
Earns annual and sick leave and is eligible for health insurance, retirement, life insurance, long-term disability and long-term care insurance.
Location: 4701 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA 22304
Hours are scheduled to meet the staffing needs of the Burke Branch, and will include days, evenings and two Saturdays per month.
Click here to apply attaching one document containing a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references, preferably supervisory. Address Cover Letter to Ross Farley, HR Manager, 5005 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22304. Contact with questions: 703-746-1799, or email@example.com.
This position is open until filled
Reidsville High School (Reidsville, NC) is currently seeking a Media Coordinator. This is an exciting opportunity as the media center has been renovated to include a variety of innovative spaces.
Included in the media center/maker space are:
- 2 3D printers
- Video recording studio (cameras, lights, backdrops, portable green screen, and more)
- Audio recording studio (Mac, microphones)
- Flat panel tv with comfortable seating
- Cafe tables
- Whiteboard tables
- Minecraft for EDU installed on desktop computers
- 30 Dell laptops with Adobe software installed
- 3 Doodlers, Arduino, Makey-Makey, Electronics Toolkit, and Snap Circuits
- Arts/ Crafts materials
- Deconstruction/ Upcycling Station
- Vinyl Cutter and Heat Press
- and more
This short video provides snapshots of our students enjoying this renovated space: https://youtu.be/lR1TKwBWPdc
Thank you for sharing this opportunity with your recent students. Those interested may apply at: https://www.rock.k12.nc.us/domain/47
LAC Federal is seeking a Government Documents Librarian to work for a federal agency in the Washington, D.C. metro area. Librarian will oversees daily operations of collection management for the Federal Depository Library Program collection. This is a 12 week full time position (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday), no benefits.
- Oversee daily operations of collection management such as item intake and cataloging, record keeping, weeding, and the retrieval of pertinent un-selected items from the New Electronic Titles list
- Manages Government Documents page on library website
- Provides assistance to patrons in accessing depository items and resources.
- Review of the library’s depository selection profile and makes resulting changes.
- Create original and copy-cataloged records for monograph, serial, and monograph-as-serial items and uploads these records into the library’s OPAC
- Proficient in the use of constant data forms
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an institution accredited by the ALA
- Thorough knowledge and experience in cataloging workflows; Experience with RDA, OCLC, MARC21 and other standards used in cataloging
- Experience providing reference support
- GovDocs experience is preferred
- Various branding, marketing, and promotional activities experience preferred
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/qstAmS