NCCU School of Library and Information Sciences
Library-Related Job Resources
Library and Information Job Listings
North Carolina – All Library Types
- The News and Observer on the Web — Job Listings in the Research Triangle Area.
- North Carolina Community College System — Includes library positions when they are available.
- North Carolina Office Of State Personnel — Look under the “Informational and Educational” heading.
- State Library of North Carolina — This file is posted weekly by the State Library of North Carolina and contains job listings for professional positions in public, academic, and special libraries in North Carolina. Nationwide – All Library Types
- The American Library Association’s Library Education & Employment Site — Includes current listings from American Libraries and academic library positions from College & Research Libraries NewsNet, as well as a guide to library placement sources.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education — The Chronicle of Higher Education‘s list of job openings. Features a keyword search.
- InfoCurrent — A placement service that specializes in library and records management staffing, offering part-time and full-time, entry to senior-level temporary, temp-to-hire and direct-hire positions.
- LIB JOBS Mailing List Archives — LIBJOBS is a service provided by the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions. Browse or search the jobs listings that have been posted to the international LIBJOBS mailing list. Archives are often split into various chronological sections, with a labeling scheme that suggests the year, month, and perhaps week and even day. For information on subscribing to LIBJOBS, go to http://infoserv.inist.fr/wwsympa.fcgi/info/libjobs and select “Subscribe.”
- Library Associates — Specializing in staffing, recruiting, placement and outsourcing for the information industry.
- Lisjobs.com — “Jobs for Librarians and Information Professionals” has been online since August 1996 and is maintained by Rachel Singer Gordon. Job listings are now searchable.
- Library Job Postings on the Internet compiled by Sarah Nesbeitt, Booth Library, Eastern Illinois University. Nationwide – Type of Library
- American Association of Law Libraries Placement Service
- American Theological Library Association Job Openings
- Art Libraries Society of North America JobNet
- Career Resources from the Association of Research Libraries — Job announcements for ARL member research libraries, listed by category and by geographical region.
- Current News Library Job Openings — Jobs with newspaper libraries.
- LITA Job Listings — Jobs in Library and Information Technology.
- MLANET Job Listings — Medical Library Association
- Music Library Association Job List
- NASIGWeb Job Listings (North American Serials Interest Group)
- Special Libraries Association Career Services Online — A searchable listing of jobs with special libraries. Nationwide – General Employment Sites
- America’s Job Bank — “The America’s Job Bank computerized network links the 1,800 state Employment Service offices. It provides job seekers with the largest pool of active job opportunities available anywhere. For employers it provides rapid, national exposure for job openings. The ‘nationwide’ listings in America’s Job Bank contain information on approximately 100,000 jobs.”
— The “Career Search” page allows you to search by Job Code. Try code # 100127014 for “librarian.”
— The “Career Search” page also allows you to perform a “Self-Directed” search. Select the “Professional, Paraprofessional, and Technical” category and then the “Teachers, Educators, Librarians, and Related” category.
Guides to Library and Information Job Listings
- The Networked Librarian’s Employment Resources for Librarians— A very thorough list of links to over 100 sites containing job listings for librarians.
- Riley Guide— The Riley Guide’s listing of sites with information on jobs in the library and information sciences.
Specific Regions or States
- Advanced Information Management — California Library and Information Personnel Agency.
- Alabama Library Association Job Line
- Library Job Postings on the Internet — Southern States
- Advanced Information Management — Specializing in providing Information and Library Personnel Staffing services primarily in California libraries.
- Heller & Associates — Employment opportunities for librarians, records personnel and information specialists worldwide.
- Quality Staffing Specialists — Library staffing services primarily in the Research Triangle Area, North Carolina.