Dr. Jon Gant joins the SLIS from his position as the Founding Director of the Center for Digital Inclusion at the University of Illinois, Graduate School of Library and Information Science, Champaign.
Dr. Gant was the founding director for the UIUC Center for Digital Inclusion and has worked as a policy researcher for over 20 years. Dr. Gant has an extensive history of grantsmanship in addition to his extensive record of mentoring, teaching and service.
Dr. Gant Joined the NCCU SLIS in the Fall of 2016., after serving on the faculty of the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign since 2007.
- Carnegie Mellon University – Ph.D., Public Policy and Management, Heinz College. (Concentration in Information Systems, Organization Studies and Strategy), 1998
- M.S., Public Policy and Management, Heinz College (Concentration in Management of
Information Systems), 1992
- University of Michigan – BGS, General Studies, 1987
- University of Illinois, List of Teachers Ranked as Excellent, 2008-2009
- Indiana University, School of Public and Environmental Affairs, Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award, 2000-2000
LEADERSHIP AND SERVICE (Selected)
- Advisor, National Science Foundation Grant, Assessing Information Technology Educational Pathways that Promote Deployment and Use of Rural Broadband, 2014 – Current
- Member, Horizon Internet2 Project, 2014 – Current
- Advisor, National Science Foundation, Broadband Use and Data Repository Project, 2014-Current
- Board Member, Telecommunication Policy Research Conference, 2013 – Current
- Vice Chair, UC2B Not-for-Profit Board, 2013 – Current
- Member, US Ignite Community Broadband Committee, 2012 – Current
- UC2B Delegate, US Ignite, 2011- Current
- Advisor, Institute of Museum and Library Services, Building Digitally Inclusive Communities 2009-2011
- Chair, University of Illinois, Graduate School of Library and Information Science, Admission Committee Chair, Faculty Senator
Dr. Gant’s CV: JonGantCV2016