Home » Alumni
Category Archives: Alumni
Job Posting for History and Religious Studies Librarian, Washington University in St. Louis
POSITION TITLE: History and Religious Studies Librarian
REPORT TO: Head, Research Services, Olin Library
SUMMARY: Washington University Libraries seeks a creative and innovative librarian to serve as the History and Religious Studies Librarian.
The History and Religious Studies Librarian is responsible for selecting and acquiring library materials and serving as liaison to the History department, Religious Studies program and Danforth Center for Religion and Politics; participating in user education activities and subject-specific reference services; assisting in training library staff and students; and participating in relevant professional development activities. This position also includes engaging in campus-wide initiatives, consortia partnerships, and regional, state or national organizations as appropriate to foster new partnerships in support of the Library’s goal to expand its research through engagement. Serves on library, university, and professional committees and projects as elected or appointed. The position also supports scholarly communication and data curation activities by educating and informing faculty, students, librarians and campus administrators about scholarly communications trends and issues.
MLS degree from an ALA-accredited program, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience in reference, instruction or collection development
Experience with building internal/external relationships and partnerships
Masters in subject area preferred
Ability to read German, French or Italian preferred
Familiarity with the academic library environment
Candidates can apply by navigating to https://jobs.wustl.edu/ and searching for the job opening number 38371.
LAC Federal is seeking a Senior Research Associate (Curator) to provide strategic leadership and management of federal digital library and repository focusing on international aid and development as well as supporting areas. The Associate will lead a team of digital librarians, metadata specialists, and other supporting staff in developing a secure, trustworthy data/information environment consisting of multiple digital repositories and some physical assets. The Associate will be responsible for total lifecycle management of the repositories and will collaborate with contract and federal staff in moving toward a trusted digital repository that meets or exceeds OAIS and other standards for data curation and preservation. Work will be performed on-site at the client’s location in Washington DC. This is a full-time contract, benefited position.
Full Description: https://lac-group.secure.force.com/LIBGIG/ts2__JobDetails?jobId=a0E1H00000ZRHlaUAH&tSource=
The Z. Smith Reynolds Library seeks a creative, forward-thinking librarian to support our expanding digital curation services and metadata strategy.
Ford Library at the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University has a job opening for a Resource Analytics Librarian.
The Resource Analytics Librarian gathers and synthesizes information to inform decision-making related to library resources, programs and projects. The Resource Analytics Librarian also communicates with, and collects information from database vendors, library users and staff to guide purchases and subscription renewals at terms favorable to the library.
The Resource Analytics Librarian also provides budgetary management for the Ford Library. This position also works as a member of a team that provides reference services to faculty members, staff members and students at the reference desk for a portion of each day. The Resource Analytics Librarian reports to the Associate Dean for Library Services.
For more information on the specific responsibilities of the position, and instructions on how to apply, please visit our web site at:
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
** Applicants should not reply directly to this posting. Contact information and application instructions are at the web page linked above. **
Reidsville High School (Reidsville, NC) is currently seeking a Media Coordinator. This is an exciting opportunity as the media center has been renovated to include a variety of innovative spaces.
Included in the media center/maker space are:
- 2 3D printers
- Video recording studio (cameras, lights, backdrops, portable green screen, and more)
- Audio recording studio (Mac, microphones)
- Flat panel tv with comfortable seating
- Cafe tables
- Whiteboard tables
- Minecraft for EDU installed on desktop computers
- 30 Dell laptops with Adobe software installed
- 3 Doodlers, Arduino, Makey-Makey, Electronics Toolkit, and Snap Circuits
- Arts/ Crafts materials
- Deconstruction/ Upcycling Station
- Vinyl Cutter and Heat Press
- and more
This short video provides snapshots of our students enjoying this renovated space: https://youtu.be/lR1TKwBWPdc
Thank you for sharing this opportunity with your recent students. Those interested may apply at: https://www.rock.k12.nc.us/domain/47
LAC Federal is seeking a Government Documents Librarian to work for a federal agency in the Washington, D.C. metro area. Librarian will oversees daily operations of collection management for the Federal Depository Library Program collection. This is a 12 week full time position (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday), no benefits.
- Oversee daily operations of collection management such as item intake and cataloging, record keeping, weeding, and the retrieval of pertinent un-selected items from the New Electronic Titles list
- Manages Government Documents page on library website
- Provides assistance to patrons in accessing depository items and resources.
- Review of the library’s depository selection profile and makes resulting changes.
- Create original and copy-cataloged records for monograph, serial, and monograph-as-serial items and uploads these records into the library’s OPAC
- Proficient in the use of constant data forms
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an institution accredited by the ALA
- Thorough knowledge and experience in cataloging workflows; Experience with RDA, OCLC, MARC21 and other standards used in cataloging
- Experience providing reference support
- GovDocs experience is preferred
- Various branding, marketing, and promotional activities experience preferred
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/qstAmS
2 positions at Alabama A&M campus library