The NCSU Libraries Fellows Program
The NCSU Libraries Fellows program offers a unique opportunity to a select group of recent M.L.S. and M.I.S. graduates. Fellows will be appointed at the rank of faculty librarian for a two-year term from July 2018 through June 2020. An option for January or September placement may be available, depending upon graduation date. In order to be eligible, the terminal degree must be awarded no more than 12 months before the date of appointment. To learn more about the Fellows Program, please visit our website at http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/fellows
The Libraries seeks a diverse pool of applicants with ALA-accredited M.L.S. or M.I.S. degrees awarded up to 12 months before appointment (e.g., for July 1, 2018 start date, degree should be awarded between July 2017 – June 2018).
Required for consideration:
- demonstrated potential to develop expertise in science or engineering librarianship, in current and emerging digital technologies, or in management and administration of academic libraries
- evidence of leadership potential, including excellent interpersonal skills and ability to perform in a highly interactive team environment
- excellent written and oral communication skills
- demonstrated understanding of the educational mission of a research university and its role in valuing and nurturing demographic and intellectual diversity
- internship or practicum in a research-oriented environment is desirable
$64,000 plus benefits package. Professional development stipend, up to $2,500 annually.