- Consult with faculty to offer support for crafting multimedia assignments and their associated grading rubrics, to introduce relevant tools and resources the Center provides, and to teach hands-on sessions to students on video and audio equipment, recording, editing, issues of copyright and fair use, and manage faculty hands-on instruction room requests.
- Participate in library-wide initiatives related to faculty engagement such as digital pedagogy efforts and information literacy activities, using the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy as a guide.
- Produce video tutorials and handouts as needed for use in the multimedia literacy program and in staff/student assistant training, and maintain the multimedia literacy research guide, which takes students and instructors step-by-step through the multimedia design process, including pre-production, production, and post-production.
- Teach multimedia-related workshops for the University of Delaware community; seek out and provide outreach to engage our community in activities that further the value of the Library and the multimedia literacy program.
- Collaborate with staff of the Multimedia Writing Center and other programs to foster further collaboration related to multimedia literacy.
- Provide direct assistance to library users at the busy service desk of the Student Multimedia Design Center with a variety of questions that may include computer hardware, software applications, and multimedia equipment, and participate in supervision of student assistants while at the service desk.
- Keep up to date with emerging trends and technologies in digital literacy/information literacy and media production through research, practice and other professional development activities.
- Assist in departmental and library initiatives and other duties as assigned.
Appointment: Appointment expected at pay grade 29E (less than 3 years professional experience), or pay grade 30E (3-8 years professional experience). Recent graduates from Master’s programs are encouraged to apply.
To Apply: Include cover letter and resume, along with the names and contact information of three employment references, in a single document, following University of Delaware application instructions at http://www.udel.edu/udjobs/. (Search #104869)