LAC Federal is seeking a Government Documents Librarian to work for a federal agency in the Washington, D.C. metro area. Librarian will oversees daily operations of collection management for the Federal Depository Library Program collection. This is a 12 week full time position (40 hour a week; Monday-Friday), no benefits.
- Oversee daily operations of collection management such as item intake and cataloging, record keeping, weeding, and the retrieval of pertinent un-selected items from the New Electronic Titles list
- Manages Government Documents page on library website
- Provides assistance to patrons in accessing depository items and resources.
- Review of the library’s depository selection profile and makes resulting changes.
- Create original and copy-cataloged records for monograph, serial, and monograph-as-serial items and uploads these records into the library’s OPAC
- Proficient in the use of constant data forms
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an institution accredited by the ALA
- Thorough knowledge and experience in cataloging workflows; Experience with RDA, OCLC, MARC21 and other standards used in cataloging
- Experience providing reference support
- GovDocs experience is preferred
- Various branding, marketing, and promotional activities experience preferred
To apply, please visit: https://goo.gl/qstAmS