SLIS is hiring graduate assistants for the semester. We are hiring multiple Graduate Assistants who will serve in roles to support faculty research, support strategic initiatives and school operations, and support the schools teaching mission as either Graduate Research Assistants, Graduate Teaching Assistants, and Graduate Staff Assistants. The description of each position is below and is also detailed in the online application.
You must meet important requirements:
- Minimum GPA: Students must have at a least a 3.0 GPA. (If you are a new student, you may skip the GPA requirement.)
- Admission Status: Student must be admitted to the program unconditionally (or met the requirements to remove their conditional status).
- Enrolled full-time: Students are required to be registered for at least 9 credit hours.
Students may apply at http://jobs.nccu.edu/postings/8758.
Please attach a resume and a cover letter confirming you meet the general requirements for employment and stating which position you are interested in and why. Assistantships begin on September 1, 2017 and run through December 16, 2017. Graduate assistants are also required to assist with SLIS Graduation. Next year’s graduation for Fall 2017 semester will be held on Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 9 AM.
Position Duties and Descriptions:
- Graduate Teaching Assistants –
- Will assist with the development, delivery and maintenance of SLIS’ digital learning ecosystem and distance (online) education courses in various combination of roles in instructional design, online course technical support, content developers and instructor development and support.
- Graduate Research Assistants –
- (High priority) Assist with the grant proposal writing and development and the related research to prepare grants and seek funding opportunities.
- Support faculty research in various areas TBA based on faculty needs.
- Graduate SLIS Strategy and Operation Assistant –
- Assist with high priority activities to manage activities in the student lifecycle ranging from recruiting, on-boarding, enrollment, financial aid, service learning, graduation, alumni relations and fund raising through marketing and communications, IT strategy, database development, CRM management, data analysis, data curation, business process reengineering and records management.
- Will assist with the SLIS web site and social media platforms to develop strategies, develop content, web development, and maintenance.
If you have any further questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.