Research & Education Library Intern
Duke University Medical Center Library & Archives
Internship available staring Summer or Fall 2017.
The Research and Education Department of the Duke University Medical Center Library provides research services, teaches classes, and conducts comprehensive literature searches for organizations and individuals within Duke Health.
The Research & Education Intern will support all areas of the department, such as instruction, research consultations, reference, systematic review searches, and LibGuides. The intern will gain experience in a progressive academic health sciences environment and will develop practical skills in health sciences and academic librarianship.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Create and manage EndNote libraries
- Maintain library guides and webpages
- Capture data on library activities
- Compile analytics on Duke authors
- Develop and update database searches in PubMed, Embase, Web of Science, Scopus, PsycINFO and more
- Assist with teaching classes in graduate programs
- Create or revise web-based tutorials
- Pull articles
- Contribute to service improvement initiatives
- Assist patrons via chat, email, service desk
- Contribute to other projects as needed
Hours are flexible, but must take place between 8 am and 6 pm
Must be a Masters degree or PhD student in library/information science or public health graduate program.
Students should have completed at least one semester of coursework and be comfortable with database searching (i.e., controlled vocabularies and Boolean operators).
Internships may be completed as field experiences for credit or as not-for-credit experiences.
Please send a cover letter, CV, and three references to:
Emily Mazure, Biomedical Research Liaison Librarian, at email@example.com