Position Announcement – Outreach and Community Engagement Librarian – The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio invites applications for the position of Outreach and Community Engagement Librarian. Due to recent staff changes, we are recruiting again for a person to fill a second Outreach and Community Engagement position.
SUMMARY: The librarian in this position will; advance the mission of the university in education and community service by maintaining support for the library’s outreach and community engagement services; participate in the development of outreach and grant programs; work collaboratively with librarians and staff to plan, implement, and assess programs, communications, and marketing to enhance community awareness of the UT Health Science Center Libraries; assist with the coordination of library outreach and community engagement activities related to marketing of services, resources and events.
Required education and experience:
• Master’s degree in library or information science from an ALA-accredited program
• Minimum of 0-1 year of post-MLS experience
• Commitment to excellent service and ability to manage multiple priorities; excellent oral and written communication skills
• Knowledge of marketing principles; experience with promotion and publicity, social media management, project coordination, writing, and assessment
• Experience with outreach programming; developing educational and promotional materials in print and digital formats
• Strong background in the use of information technologies and information management tools
Apply online at the UT Health Science Center Human Resources Employment web site: https://www.uthscsajobs.com/ where the position is posted under Library Operations – Librarian. Please include a cover letter, resume/CV, and contact information for three references with your application.
All positions are security sensitive and will require criminal background checks.
The UT Health Science Center at San Antonio is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.