James Madison University (JMU) Libraries invites applications for two full-time, tenure-track liaison librarians: Science and Math Librarian (position number 0407194) and Communication and Media Studies Librarian (position number 0407195). The JMU Libraries are part of the Libraries and Educational Technologies (LET) Division, which includes two main libraries, several branch libraries, and the Center for Instructional Technology. LET is established as a campus leader in information literacy instruction, research support, curricular and special collections, and educational technology integration. This position is part of a period of exciting organizational change, including new administration and structure, which is designed to build on these strengths while supporting a collaborative and innovative culture.
Liaison librarians at JMU work within a collaborative, team-oriented structure to:
- Support research and information literacy by serving as liaisons to faculty, students, staff, and academic departments.
- Provide a broad range of liaison services including outreach, information literacy instruction, and collection management.
- Provide information services that promote student success and support faculty research, including general and specialized reference services, consultation services, and innovative information delivery services.
- Assist in accreditation, program review, and other official assessment processes.
- Contribute to the publication and presentation of relevant research at a national, state, university, or departmental level.
- Demonstrate leadership and professional contributions in relevant service activities at a national, state, university, or departmental level.
For more information and to apply, please visit JMU JobLink at https://joblink.jmu.edu and search by position number or title.