Paid Internship Opportunity in Local Special Library
North Carolina Biotechnology Center
Part–time temporary position
Pay rate: $14.00 /hour
The NC Biotechnology Center Library seeks a current library school student to work 15-20 hours per week. Hours are to be worked at NCBiotech between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The specific time of the shift is flexible. The position will begin in October 2015.
The NCBiotech Library is a special library located in Research Triangle Park. While some traditional library tasks are still performed, most tasks are not traditional. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a vibrant, well-supported library team.
The Library Assistant will have the opportunity to gain experience in a number of different areas.
A sample of specific ongoing tasks includes:
- Processing new materials
- Maintaining data in an intricate client relationship management system
- Performing article delivery using DOCLINE
Additional potential projects may include:
- Teaching a short class to staff on areas of expertise in information management, software, or social media
- Cataloging physical and virtual items in our online system
- Assisting with basic research projects
- Enhancing metadata associated with biotechnology-related assets in North Carolina
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to give full attention to details
- Is customer-oriented, friendly and approachable
- Has strong verbal and oral communication skills
- Understands data integrity and how to achieve it
- Extremely comfortable with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Outlook
- Experience with relational databases, and/or contact management software
One part-time position is available starting in October, submit your application by September 23 for consideration. Please send your resume and cover letter to Karin Shank, Research Librariankarin_shank@ncbiotech.org